Thursday, May 17, 2012

shop update / quality over quantity






I've listed this birdcage veil in the shop, along with the flower girl headband. This is the veil that I recently made for a friend. I was so happy with how it turned out and so was she (which of course is my ultimate goal). I'm hoping to keep my inventory pretty limited so that I can really focus on each piece and how they turn out. I'm extremely happy with what I have in there so far. That's much better than a bunch of things that I'm not in love with (which is what it was like for me before). Quality over quantity is definitely my goal.

Also, for the first time (maybe ever) I'm realizing that people are hiring me because they trust my taste / design style..whatever you would call it. That may seem like a no brainer, but I didn't fully understand that until recently. See, I have this problem with worrying about disappointing people. It's something that I dwell on the entire time that I am creating something. It really gets in the way of being confident in what I'm doing. Lately, I've been able to let that go and just create. It is so freeing! It hasn't just changed the outcome of what I'm making, but made the whole process so enjoyable for me. That's when I do my best work- when I enjoy and feel confident in what I'm doing. So thank you everyone who trusted me to make / design something them. It has been a huge encouragement for me and I appreciate it more than you know.

xo
Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment