Monday, May 14, 2012

the shop's open


I've re-opened my shop! It's going to be a very long and slow process of restocking as I create new pieces.   A lot of people have asked about my shop and why I had it closed. Well, I needed a break from making wedding pieces for a while. I wasn't very happy with the style that my shop had taken on. Therefor, it was becoming more of a burden than something I was enjoying. When we moved, I couldn't even look at all of my supplies (I have a lot of them) without feeling anxious or overwhelmed.

Recently, I made a hairpiece with a birdcage veil for a friend that's getting married later this month. I loved how it turend out and it inspired me to start sketching out new ideas for the shop. Today I made this flower girl headband and decided to re-open the shop. I'm going to start with just headbands and hairpieces at first. I still don't have a lot of free time to dedicate to my Etsy shop. I am in a wedding this summer, I'm helping design and create all the decor for another wedding, and I'm trying to keep busy with Typewriter Boneyard.

In other news, I started watching Downton Abbey today. OH. MY. I am SO addicted! I honestly thought I wouldn't like it, but I'm all in. Sheesh! Because that's what I need- another tv show to be obsessed with.

1 comment: