Wednesday, March 31, 2010

projects.

Since we've moved into our new house, my interest in decorating keeps climbing! We just finished our downstairs wall this weekend. It's been painted and had a few different things mounted on it. We both LOVE how it turned out! My current project is a chair and table/lamp that I purchased at a trip to Amvets. They're going to make a little sitting/ reading nook in a sunny corner of our bedroom. I purchased them both with intention of painting and fixing them up. I started with the chair, which is being painted a golden mustard yellow. Next is finding a fabric to cover the cushion- I can't wait to do this!!! Then I will be purchasing a throw pillow to go on top. I have future goals of learning to sew and having this be one of my first projects, but until then, I will find a cute one. So far, this is my favorite.



I found this lovely pillow here.

I will be posting before and after pictures of these projects once they're done. I just need to finish first ;)

PS...
you should listen to She & Him's new album 'Volume Two' at NPR. It makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment