Saturday, November 20, 2010

TALLWORKS







I'm so excited to have a guest here on Walk With Me, Darling. I am so proud of my friend, Danielle. She is creative, ambitious, and an incredible designer. Her new business, TALLWORKS, is proof of that.


Danielle wanted to have a studio that designs "for a purpose. By working with clients based on their needs and budget, TALLWORKS has the ability to give clients the quality and attention they deserve without the hassle of expanding their company or worrying about large corporate invoices."


So, she came up with the project "12". TALLWORKScollective will be focusing on one project every month that fits into their current theme. Their theme for this year is "justice". Right now they are teamed up with SAG (no, not the screen actors guild.. Students Against Genocide). SAG has been selling tshirts to raise support and awareness for whats going on in Duran.

Danielle's studio is designing their new tshirt that will be sold to raise money for Burma related organizations. How sweet is that?! :)


She was kind enough to share her vision behind TALLWORKSwith us.


You can like what you do, or you can LOVE what you do. There should always be a passion that drives you and helps you thrive. For me it was about using my ability to design to help impact the world to see something new. I never wanted to be the designer that was a sell-out, took the easy route or was satisfied with just throwing something together. It was all about breaking down the concept and making it flourish. I hit a point in my career where I wanted something more. I didn't want to get stuck branding AMP Energy logos on bikini tops for the rest of my life; I wanted to start creating designs that made a difference. I wanted to start creating work that influenced people to look at the world in a positive way. While keeping things afloat financially is important, I wanted to see if there was a way to do that while doing something I loved and I knew people could benefit from.


I decided to start TALLWORKS for two reasons: to pick and choose the projects I work on and to contribute to organizations and causes that needed creative services. Like I said, it's important to stay financially afloat, but I felt like TALLWORKS was the opportunity to work specifically with clients that had as much passion for their brand/product/idea as I did for design. These were the kinds of clients that I wanted to work with. I wanted to be able to create work that was original and tailored specifically for each client/cause. Then a thought kicked in... "If I'm already designing work that I love and am getting paid for, why not offer my design services to groups that need professional creative to help promote their cause but don't have the funds to create it?" So project "12" was born.


Since then it's been kind of a whirl wind of connecting with old clients, pitching to new ones and alerting organizations of my design services. My life is now design 24/7. But, as tiring as this sounds, I can honestly say that I love what I'm doing and I can't wait to see where TALLWORKS takes me. It's just the beginning.


If you're interested in Danielle's services or know of an organization that could use some good design, check her out, TALLWORKS has a lot to offer.


Grow to the next level: www.TALLWORKS.com & www.TALLWORKSCollective.com

2 comments: