Wednesday, October 5, 2011

bits + pieces.

1. twine + spools.
2. miniatures + millinery.
3. sequins + stamps.
4. hair pretties + ribbon.
5. lovely fabric.

Last weekend was dedicated to cleaning and organizing. We did a lot of condensing and made a few trips to the Goodwill. I can't tell you how motivating it feels to create in an organized and more spacious work area. It's absolutely fantastic and I am so grateful that we got it done.

Also, I just love seeing collections of things. That box of miniatures, for example, makes me so happy I can't even describe it! Just seeing all of my materials together in one place is so inspiring. I have a million things I want to make! This is huge because I've been feeling very uninspired lately. Normally when I'm feeling that way, I tend to leave the house to find inspiration. Originally, this organizing spree was intended to make room for Philip's project. I had no idea that something inside the house could be so motivating for me to create. What do you usually do when you need a little inspiration?

No comments:

Post a Comment