Saturday, May 7, 2011

summer hair.

I'm probably the last person that should be sharing hair advice. However, that's what might make these styles even better. If I can do these, you can do it too.
Joanna Goddard posts great hair tutorials that anyone can do. I thought that these are great ideas for spring and summer. They would work great for a day at the beach, a sunny bike ride, or just lounging around in a cute dress.
[Click on the links for each style to find a full picture tutorial.]
.............................................................................................................................
When I was working at Starbucks, I had to wear my hair out of my face. When I woke up early enough to do my hair and makeup, I usually rocked this pony tail. It's very easy to do and I always got lots of compliments.

Accessory tip: wear a big bow right above the pony tail to cover up the bobby pins.

I love a messy bun. This style is perfect for when you're running out the door and need to do something quick and cute.

Accessory tip: You can wear an oversized bow on the back of your head right below the bun (like the bun is sitting on top of the bow). Another idea is to pin a smaller bow or flower on the side of the bun.

Maiden braids are really fun and they keep your hair out of your face. My experience is that when you braid your hair, pull apart the braid a little, making it slightly loose. If you have thick hair, you probably don't have to worry about that.

Accessory tip: Try braiding a pretty strip of fabric or piece of yarn with your hair to add a little extra something.


1 comment:

  1. They are all beautiful,I am going to give that cute ponytail a go. Do you think you could do a tutorial for something like Blake Lively's Hair"

    ReplyDelete